by Oree Laser
Fiber lasers are now widely used in all walks of life, but if the laser fiber connector is damaged in use, it will easily affect the stability of the laser and even reduce the service life of the laser.
Therefore, before using the laser fiber connector, it is necessary to check the cleanliness and damage of the protective lens. If there are stains, you need to use professional tools and follow strict procedures to clean it to ensure that the optical fiber connector is clean and undamaged before use.
Below, we will teach you how to clean fiber optic connectors:
To clean the optical fiber connector, you need the following equipment:
(1) Powder-free rubber gloves or finger cots;
(2) Lint-free fiber optic cleaning cloth and cotton swabs;
(3) Absolute ethanol, namely alcohol (optical grade, purity >99.5%);
(4) Compressed air (no oil, no water).
Please clean and maintain the optical fiber connector in strict accordance with the following procedures:
(1) Turn off the laser switch and set the key switch to the "OFF" position;
(2) Remove the protective cover (black) of the connector, remove the window (also called the protective lens), and then wipe the entire surface of the connector with an optical cleaning cloth dipped in alcohol;
(3) Place the optical fiber connector under a microscope (20 times magnification), so that the connector quartz column can be imaged under the microscope, observe, and clean the surface of the quartz column with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol to clean the dust or fine particles. After cleaning, it must be wrapped in non-woven cloth and placed on the desktop before continuing other work to prevent dust from polluting the surface of the quartz column again.
(Note: Cleaning the quartz column must be done in a dust-free environment)
(4) Place the window under the microscope so that it can be imaged under the microscope. Observe the lens. Use a cotton swab dipped in alcohol to clean the dust and fine particles inside and outside the lens, and install the connector back. Check to see if it is clean.
(5) Use a double-sided glue stick to stick off the dust on the protective inner cover, and then use a cotton swab and alcohol to further clean it and put it back on the connector.
1. Do not reuse lint-free cotton cloth or cotton swabs;
2. Do not touch the protective lens of the optical fiber connector with your fingers;
3. Do not use your mouth to directly blow the dirt on the surface of the protective lens, which may cause new dirt;
4. Do not touch the tip of the cleaning swab with your fingers;
5. Please clean the protective cover and sleeve before reinstalling it on the fiber connector;
6. When using compressed air, do not blow the dirt directly from the front, and use the side blowing method to avoid the dirt from sneaking into the surface;
7. If the optical fiber connector cannot be put back on the optical component immediately, please cover the tail with a protective cover cleaned with compressed air.
your email address will not be published. required fields are marked *Submit